Friday, April 27, 2012

Texts From Last Night vs. Homework From Last Night



(+69):

You made out with my dog and told me he tasted like a rainbow.

(847):

stuck in a tree...bring a ladder. also my arm might be broken. no questions are allowed.

(215):

If eating a cheesesteak naked doesn't make me feel better, then I don't know what will.

(909):

I'm so tired of waking up with my bed full of deli meats.

Have you ever spent a good 2 hours wasting time on the Internet instead of working on a paper or studying for an exam. Yeah, me too. Oftentimes I end up on these mindless websites for hours without even realizing it. My site of choice is Texts From Last Night. If you don't already know, it is a website where people submit funny texts, often related to drunken incidents. Sure they are funny, but usually it ends up being a big waste of time in my already busy schedule. Even for this blog post, I just wanted to add a few examples, but I ended up reading 14 pages of texts. I'm sure we've all read articles and news reports about how revolutionary and influential the Internet is and is becoming, but I personally think we overlook how big of a distraction it can really be. What are your favorite mindless, distracting websites? Do they really serve a purpose or are they more of a hindrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment