Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Reality TV vs. Reality: The Kardashians

       Reality television is a funny thing. How did it become so popular and why do we enjoy it so much? Some may say it’s a guilty pleasure. Some may say it’s just for entertainment. Whatever the reason may be, there is one family that does reality TV better than most- the Kardashians. Bruce and Kris Jenner run a madhouse of children- Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, Kendell, Kylie, and Rob. The E! show features this family on “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” and on spin-offs including “Khloé and Lamar” and “Kourtney and Kim Take New York”.


With reality TV, it is sometimes hard to pick out the true purpose of the show. The question is always "Is it all scripted?" Is reality TV really reality? It's a tough call, however, as an avid Kardashian fan, I find the show hilarious and so close to real life. Whether you enjoy reality TV or not, it is interesting to know that such people like the Kardashians are making insane amounts of money by just being “them” in front of a camera.

Here’s a clip of the craziness that goes on and a summary of the show:
The Kardashian Life

2 comments:

  1. Haha I really love that you posted about them. I also watch their shows a lot and find myself becoming obsessed with their personal lives. I think that it's a good point to think about whether or not reality tv is scripted or not (no matter how heart-breaking it may be to think about it). There are a lot of times where I totally think that things are scripted, but then there are times when I swear against it. I guess we'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you watched the Hills at all on MTV, but it was a show with where the finale basically ended with them showing the cameras and reading the celebrities reading from scripts and it made the viewer think it the whole show was scripted. I've heard two sides of the story where it was a joke because people thought the show was scripted but it wasn't, and I also heard it was meant to show that the show was actually scripted! I personally love reality TV, especially the Kardashians, but its so interesting to think about the fact that it all could be scripted!

    ReplyDelete