Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Instagram vs. Regular Photos




Instagram  is a free photo sharing program launched in 2010 that allows users to take a picture regularly on their phone and apply different filters to it. From there, they can share it on different social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Instagram is a huge leap from traditional, regular photos because there is no longer a need to buy a software to edit pictures or go have them printed and edited on a big machine. I use Instagram daily because I love to make my photos look different and add cool effects to them. As of this month, there are over 30 million different Instagram accounts made. Much like Twitter, you are able to "follow" different celebrities and friends to see their photos and how they edit them. Facebook recently just bought Instagram for $1 billion dollars in cash and stock, taking over one of the most popular phone apps to date. Make yourself an account and share your photos!


Below are the different effects you can use on your photos.



2 comments:

  1. I also use Instagram quite a bit. I definitely enjoy the fact that it can put a different twist on your pictures. However, the best part of Instagram for me is how easy it makes it to upload pictures to my Facebook or my Twitter.

    I am very intrigued by the purchase of Instagram by Facebook, and I look forward to seeing if anything will change as a result of the purchase.

    ReplyDelete