Thursday, April 12, 2012

iHeartRadio vs. Standard Radio

It used to be family gathering around at certain times, ready to enjoy the program for the night. Then, it moved on to being able to listen to that program in your own car. With progressions along the way, we took another big leap in the radio world; iHeartRadio.  iHeartRadio delivers access to over 800+ live, local radio stations from around the United States. It also gives us listeners access to exclusive digital-only stations and celebrity-hosted channels, and exclusive videos. A mobile app also allows users to listen to radio stations from across the country, create their own custom radio stations using particular artists and songs, and ‘tag’ songs they hear for purchase from mobile retailers. Looking back on what radio used to be, it is crazy to think that this is where we are today. I use iHeartRadio a lot at school because I can listen to radio stations from back home, which is always nice. Take a listen yourself and you'll see how this amazing radio network has evolved our radio world.

1 comment:

  1. I used iHeartRadio for the first time a couple of weeks ago on my phone while working out and I found it to be kind of confusing. I didn't go back and really play around with it much when I wasn't trying to do something else while getting it to work, but I don't think I like it that much. I would much rather prefer to just listen to and iPod or mp3 player then try and get a radio station to broadcast on my phone or other electronic device. It can be nice for a change of music, but sucks having to deal with pesky commercials.

    ReplyDelete