Sunday, April 15, 2012

Old Radio vs. New Radio


Since the invention and widespread distribution of the radio, it has had a profound effect on how people listen to music, hear the news, and receive advertisements. However, as technology has developed, it seems as though the radio has taken a backseat to both television and the internet. People can easily watch the news on TV and listen to music on the internet. I personally only listen to the radio when I'm in a car and, even then, I usually play my iPod in my car rather than listening to the radio. While it seems that the radio won't be completely disappearing anytime soon, do you think it will eventually be drowned out by superior, emerging technologies? Will new formats of radio, such as Pandora Radio, continue the legacy of the radio, or will the days of hit stations and radio DJs end soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment