Friday, April 20, 2012

Toyota vs. Information





          We all know that commercials have gotten pretty over-the-top, but sometimes they really make me wonder what the companies were thinking. Although this commercial is slightly entertaining, its contents are completely irrelevant to the product that Toyota is selling, the 2012 Camry. Was Toyota just trying to add a humorous label onto their brand, or did they really think this commercial was going to sell cars? This commercial was one of the Super Bowl ads, which are notoriously supposed to be funny, but do curtains made out of pizza really have anything to do with cars? I think it was convenient that Toyota simply said that the Camry was reinvented without giving any actual details. This only allows the potential buyer to compare the car's alleged new features to couches made out of women and plants that fight crime. However, I did enjoy this commercial. I thought it was funny, but I don't think it would ever lead me to buy a Camry. I would want to know the actual details of the reinvented model, the price, the gas mileage, or, at the very least, how time machine babies work.

No comments:

Post a Comment